- Field of study: PhD in Biomedical Engineering
- Job title: Senior Mathematical Modeller – Pharmaceutical Industry
- Talent: Swimming and solving riddles
- Achievements proud of: 1- My current job was my dream job. 2- Recepient of the 2017 Innovation Early Career Award from the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine. 3- Established the Aramex Fellowship Scheme (Aramex – AIN Partnership).
- Favorite quote: Work smarter not harder
- AIN position title: Sponsorship Executive
- Personal Bio:
Dr Mohammed Atari received his B.Sc. degree in biomedical engineering from Jordan University of Science and Technology in 2005. He obtained his M.Sc. degree in advanced biomedical engineering from the University of Warwick in 2006. In September 2006, Mohammed worked for four months as a lecturer in the Faculty of Engineering at Al-Ahliyya Amman University where he taught biomedical engineering modules and supervised senior year graduation projects. He was awarded the University of Warwick Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship to pursue his Ph.D. in biomedical systems modelling, which he earned in 2011. His doctoral thesis looked into mathematically modelling the kinetics and dynamics of the anti-cancer agent topotecan.
Dr Atari is currently working as a Mathematical Modeller at Cyprotex Discovery Limited, a preclinical discovery and development company, on developing novel in silico models for drug pharmacokinetics to improve the predictive power of Cyprotex software. He is a Chartered Engineer (CEng), Chartered Scientist (CSci) and a Member of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (MIPEM).